Gales Creek Trailhead
From Portland Hikers Field Guide
- Latitude: 45.64231
- Longitude: -123.35926
- Maps: Portland Hikers Maps Google Maps
- Elevation: 980 feet
- Driving time from Portland: 50 minutes
Hikes starting here
- Gales Creek Hike (TH | <-- --> | LOG)
- Storey Burn Loop Hike (TH | <-- --> | LOG)
- Low Divide Creek Hike (TH | <-- --> | LOG)
Drive Highway 26 west about 15 miles from Beaverton and bear left on Highway 6 for Banks and Tillamook.
Drive 16.6 miles and turn right on Rogers Road for the Gales Creek Campground.
Drive down Rogers Road 0.6 miles to the Gales Creek Trailhead on the left.
- Access from May to September 30th ONLY.
- From October 1st to May, you will have to park off to the right before a gate (See the Gales Creek Winter Trailhead). DO NOT drive past the gate during this time even if it is open as it can get locked at any time.
- Be alert for black ice on Highway 6 in winter.
- bobcat (creator)