Herman Creek Pinnacles
From Portland Hikers Field Guide
- Hikes to this location:
- Hikes including this location:
- Latitude: 45.66617
- Longitude: -121.85574
- Maps: Portland Hikers Maps Google Earth
- Elevation: 1200 feet
The Herman Creek Pinnacles are odd basalt formations. It's currently unknown (at least by me) how they were formed. They consist of brittle rock that often breaks, cascading down the surface to create an apron of talus.
In the woods nearby are other smaller pinnacle-like rocks.
- Search Trip Reports for Herman Creek Pinnacles
Related Discussions / Q&A
- Search Trail Q&A for Herman Creek Pinnacles
Guidebooks that cover this destination
- Day Hike! Columbia Gorge, by Seabury Blair, Jr.
- Afoot and Afield Portland/Vancouver, by Douglas Lorain
- 35 Hiking Trails, Columbia River Gorge, by Don & Roberta Lowe
- Columbia River Gorge, 42 Scenic Hikes, by Don & Roberta Lowe
- Hiking the Columbia River Gorge - 1st and 2nd Editions, by Russ Schneider
- 100 Hikes in Northwest Oregon - 3rd Edition, by William L Sullivan
- Stevefromdodge (creator)