Loowit Falls (Eagle Creek)
From Portland Hikers Field Guide
- Hikes including this location:
- Latitude: 45.60887
- Longitude: -121.88424
- Maps: Portland Hikers Maps Google Earth
- Elevation: 600 feet
- Height: 90 feet
- Stream: Loowit Creek
This pretty waterfall is located about 3 miles from the trailhead on the Eagle Creek Trail. This part of the trail is blasted out of the rock and the open area provides a wonderful view across the canyon. Loowit Creek cascades about 90 feet into a small pool, then slides over the rock a few more feet into Eagle Creek.
Near the base of Loowit Falls, 15 foot High Bridge Falls is visible on Eagle Creek itself. The short, blocky somewhat violent High Bridge Falls makes a nice contrast to lacy Loowit Falls. There's a viewpoint a bit farther on the trail looking over High Bridge Falls with Loowit Falls in the background.
- Search Trip Reports for Eagle Creek
Related Discussions / Q&A
- Search Trail Q&A for Eagle Creek
Guidebooks that cover this destination
- Hiking Oregon's Geology, by Ellen Morris Bishop
- Day Hike! Columbia Gorge, by Seabury Blair, Jr.
- 60 Hikes within 60 miles of Portland, by Paul Gerald
- Afoot and Afield Portland/Vancouver, by Douglas Lorain
- 35 Hiking Trails, Columbia River Gorge, by Don & Roberta Lowe
- Columbia River Gorge, 42 Scenic Hikes, by Don & Roberta Lowe
- Hiking the Columbia River Gorge - 1st and 2nd Editions, by Russ Schneider
- 100 Hikes in Northwest Oregon - 3rd Edition, by William L Sullivan
- jeffstatt (creator)