From Portland Hikers Field Guide
- Hikes including this location:
- Latitude: 45.58876
- Longitude: -122.07484
- Maps: Portland Hikers Maps Google Earth
- Elevation: 50 feet
Oneonta Gorge is not accessible by trail. Rather you must walk up the creek bed, over a large and perhaps unstable log jam, through the gorge, and up to your waist (or even torso depending on your height and the time of year) in water until you finally see your prize.
Lower Oneonta Falls is worth the small challenge it takes to get in there, but I suggest you go on a summer weekday, the water is too cold during other seasons, and the gorge gets very busy on the weekends. You'll definitely want your solitude for this one!
- Search Trip Reports for Oneonta Gorge
(Click here to add your own)
Related Discussions / Q&A
- Search Trail Q&A for Oneonta Gorge
(Click here to ask a question or start a conversation)
Fees, Regulations, etc.
Guidebooks that cover this destination
- Day Hike! Columbia Gorge, by Seabury Blair, Jr.
- Afoot and Afield Portland/Vancouver, by Douglas Lorain
- 35 Hiking Trails, Columbia River Gorge, by Don & Roberta Lowe
- Columbia River Gorge, 42 Scenic Hikes, by Don & Roberta Lowe
- Hiking the Columbia River Gorge - 1st and 2nd Editions, by Russ Schneider
- 100 Hikes in Northwest Oregon - 3rd Edition, by William L Sullivan